Month: January 2013

Restoring Your Kitchen After Fire Damage

One careless act can trigger a kitchen fire. You might accidentally leave a dish towel too close to the stove, or mistakenly throw water on a small grease fire. This is a scary situation. However, keeping a fire extinguisher nearby...

Common Causes of Mold

A mold removal company can help if you discover mold in your home. But unfortunately, it can cost thousands of dollars to repair damage caused by mold. With this said, it's important to recognize conditions that increase the risk of...

Can Mold Cause Health Problems?

Mold can be a dirty little secret that hides between your walls. If there's too much humidity in your home, or if there's a leak in your attic, your risk for mold increases. But even if you have a mold...

Avoid Buying a House With Mold

A house with mold can quickly become an expensive problem. Mold removal is costly, and the actual cost of removal depends on the extent of the damage. If buying a new home, it’s important that you check for signs of...

Don’t Leave That Mold Untreated Too Long

If we find moldy food in our refrigerator, or at the local supermarket, we usually throw it out, or alert the staff that the product has spoiled. However, when we have mold in our homes, we often ignore it for...

Tips to Help With Smoke Damage

A small chimney or kitchen fire can be frightening. The sight of flames can invoke panic, and if you don't act quickly, flames may engulf your entire house. Having a fire extinguisher on hand can keep the fire at bay...

Mold Removal: Getting to the Root of the Problem

If you suspect that your home has a mold problem you should hire a company who can perform proper mold clean up. You do not want to take the chance that what you thought was mold removal only to find...